Re: Torrents killing my connection

Dne, 19. 06. 2010 08:15:01 je Nuno Magalhães napisal(a):
mlnet never gave me trouble and it's on 24/7

I'll second that. The only drawback is, mlnet doesn't implement the upload/download ratio required by certain torrents/trackers, so you appear to them not to be uploading at all; eventually, they'll shut you off as a leecher.

In addition, the multimedia moguls just can't stand the bittorrent protocol and will do anything to undermine it. I suspect that's why the Internet is swarming with malformed torrents and fake trackers aimed at destabilizing torrent clients. Just try downloading a Debian ISO torrent (even 100 instances in parallel if you can afford the bandwidth): I'll bet your connection won't choke anymore... ;P

Just my 2¢.

--
Regards,

Klistvud