Re: crash analysis?

Miles Fidelman put forth on 6/10/2010 6:27 AM:
> Hi Folks,
>
> My system is doing something funny, where it seems to be crashing once a
> day, and there's not enough in my logs to figure out what's going on
> when it crashes.
>
> It looks like most of what I find about crash logging tools (by
> googling) is about 5 years old, so..... can anybody offer more recent
> suggestions as to logging settings to change, tools to install, and so
> forth for capturing and analyzing crash events under Debian (running
> Lenny).

Desktop or laptop?  Make and model please.  Is this PC in a "hot"
environment--is it over heating?

What application(s) are you running when it crashes?

Define "crash".  Does it hard lock/freeze requiring a power cycle?  Does it
auto reboot?  Other?

--
Stan