Re: How can I change the order of init scripts?

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Arthur Machlas
<arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I have created a simple init script to apply custom vid values to my
> cpus via the phc_intel module, which

Sorry about that, I just discovered there is a keyboard shortcut to
send an email in gmail.

To continue, I've got a custom script which requires that the
acpi_cpufreq module is loaded before it can start succesfully. I've
tried adding some headers in the script to say that it dependson
acpi_cpufreq, in the hope that insserv would magically re-order things
for me, but either my header info is wrong or else I did not call
insserv properly after making changes.

In /etc/rc2.d there is:
S01phc_vids  however it depends on
S02loadcpufreq also rc.local is not being called last, but
concurrently with several other scripts

What I want is S01phc_vids to be S03, and S04rc.local to be
S10rc.local so that it is the last thing launched. Of course, I need
this changed in run levels 2,3,4,5 as well.

I tried simply renaming them, but insserv just puts them all back to
how it likes after a short time. Here is the header of my custom init
script:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: phc_vids
#Required-Start: $loadcpufreq
#Required-Stop:
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: Applies custom vids values via patched acpi_cpufreq module
### END INIT INFO

So, how to change numbering so that it persists?

Thanks in advance for any tips / advice