Re: Help for Ubuntu user trying Debian

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 23:31:22 +0200
Javier Barroso <javibarroso@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM, ABSDoug <absdoug@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm real weak on the terminal. When I was doing the GUI install, I could
> > not get a wireless connection(router is physically located in a part of the
> > house I DON'T rent). So now I boot up & get the terminal. Trying to install
> > Gnome got me no where. What do I do next? TIA!
> >

> Hi,
>
> Explain better your circunstances, did you realize a standard installation
> of Debian in your machine ? If so, you could have problem with your X (and
> gnome should be installed). Search "EE" in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, here you can
> see where is the problem.
>
> Regards,

Well !
ABSDoug has migrated from the Ubuntu groups to Debian.
If he follows the same course on here then expect endless questions and very little attempt to help himself.

Most Linux users make some attempt to search for information about any problems they experience.
Others just throw out a stream of questions without any noticeable attempt to find information first.

Expecting everyone to sort out something you can't be bothered to do for yourself is not the Linux way.

--
R. Tyson <tysons2@btinternet.com>