Re: Mplib.pm wanted.

Hi!

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:02:54AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> I need a perl module called Mplib.pm .
> But I cannot find it in lenny trying this command:
Nor do I.

> aptitude search Mplib.pm
>
> Is there no such a package containing such a file, or I searched
> wrongfully?
Yes, you searched wrongfully. When you want to figure out to which package file
belongs to, you should use apt-file:

apt-file search Mplib.pm

You can also assume that there are package named by file it containing, and run
the following command:

aptitude search mplib

And of course you can use web interface[1] (which have some pros - for example,
you can search for file in different version of Debian, as I did - I'm running
Squeeze but I searched in Lenny via web).

According to CPAN[2], MP3-Mplib is pretty old and unsupported (last updated 06
Mar 2004), so it probably wasn't been packed for Debian at all. You can look for
alternatives, or go and try to install it directly from CPAN.

1. http://packages.debian.org
2. http://search.cpan.org/~vparseval/MP3-Mplib-0.02/

----
Regards,