Re: Is volatile repo bad for secure stable version of Debian?

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 02:48 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> I got a question, Should "volatile" Debian repository be avoided from
> servers running stable version of Debian for stability/security reasons?

No, volatile is meant for packages that *need* frequent updates such as
spam filters or virus scanners and packages like these are placed in
volatile in order to allow system administrators to upgrade these
packages without the need to "upgrade" to testing or unstable.

Why do you think that it should be avoided? It is officially supported
by Debian and part of the stable infrastructure.

Have a nice day

    Wolodja
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>