Re: Where is the Xorg.conf - to setup XKB layouts on Squeeze?

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 21:16:51 +0200, Paul Chany wrote:

> Yes, but did you tryed more than one XkbLayout, like eg.: "es,fr"? In my
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf I have now:
> ***
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "kbd"
>         Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
>         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
>         Option      "XkbLayout" "hu,hr,cs"
>         Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
> EndSection
> ***
>
> but it doesn't works. :( On Debian Lenny this setup just works and I can
> there us fookb-wmaker successfully.

If you carefully look the link I sent before, you'll note that your setup
is also managed by xorg (jump to "Advanced Configuration"):

***
http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5/doc/input/XKB-Config.html

Advanced Configuration

You can use multi-layouts xkb configuration. What does it mean? Basically
it allows to load up to four different keyboard layouts at a time. Each
such layout would reside in its own group. The groups (unlike complete
keyboard remapping) can be switched very fast from one to another by a
combination of keys.

Let's say you want to configure your new Logitech cordless desktop
keyboard, you intend to use three different layouts at the same time -
us, czech and german (in this order), and that you are used to Alt-Shift
combination for switching among them.
***

It's documented and should work. If it does not, it can be a bug you
should report at BTS.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón