Re: Boot order / Grub / USB installer

Dne, 04. 06. 2010 17:07:51 je Mathieu Malaterre napisal(a):
However after installation it looks like grub switch its internal hd0
/ hd1 (device map file) in between /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1.
I had to manually invert them, re-run grub-install.

This happen on a DELL Precision WorkStation T7500.

Does this ring a bell to anyone ?

Sounds like you may have modified boot-device order in the BIOS after the install? Anyway, it's advisable to use UUIDs instead of /dev/ device names when dealing with grub, fstab and the like. Personally, I prefer to use disk (partition) labels, such as "lenny", "home", or "dumpster".

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801