Re: Disk problems or worse?

Ralph Katz:
> On 06/03/2010 01:45 PM, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>
>> Which IDE controller? The controller I had problems with was:
>>
>> 00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801DBM (ICH4-M) IDE Controller (rev 03)
>
> Where would I find it?

Just run lspci.

> You think those errors could come from the
> controller?

Yes and no. As far as I understand, it was the kernel having
difficulties with that controller. But as I wrote, I don't know the
specifics anymore. I just remember that I blamed the disk at first, but
a replacement drive showed the same symptoms.

You can easily rule this out by adding backports.org to your
sources.list and trying their kernel.

J.
--
When standing at the top of beachy head I find the rocks below very
attractive.