Re: ls has stopped using the ISO date format

Stephan Seitz wrote:

That's why the ISO date formats are numeric:  As long as one uses
[whatever the right name for our Arabic-digit-based decimal system
is], one can read the ISO date format.

Only if you know, it is ISO date format.

Oh, also:  Yes, but the ISO date format is fairly easy to recognize
because (as far as I know) no traditional numeric-only date format
uses hyphens.  (I've seen only slashes, dots, etc.)  And any
hypenated date format with the year after something else is clearly
not the ISO date format.  That leaves only the orders YYYY-MM-DD and
YYYY-DD-MM.  As long as no one starts using the really illogical
format YYYY-DD-MM, there won't really be any ambiguity.)

Daniel