Re: nvidia again looking for howto

Jonas Stein wrote:
There are many ways to get a nvidia vga device running in debian.
But wich one is the debian way? I tried different ways, bu i get different errormessages and graphicerrors.
I want to try an "official" way to install a NV FX 5200 befeore i create bugreports.

Where can i find the latest howto about the nv installation with 3d support?
(...and dualhead viewport)

Kind regards,

If you want an easy way and you can get to the command line F1, then install SMXI and run it. http://smxi.org/docs/smxi-manual.htm#install First login as root and then "apt-get update && apt-get install unzip" then "cd /usr/local/bin && wget -Nc smxi.org/smxi.zip && unzip smxi.zip && smxi" It will install the nvidia video driver for you and do other neat things too, it's not the Debian way, it's an easy way and always works for me.
--
Jimmy Johnson

SimplyMEPIS 8.5-1 EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263