Re: [ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 03:31:41AM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> d.sastre.medina@gmail.com put forth on 5/30/2010 4:45 PM:
> > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 02:24:41PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> >> What happens when you use LILO instead of Grub?
> >
> > I haven't tried that yet.
> > [ snip ]
> > But first I'll need to refresh my LILO skills. It's been a while :)
>
> This is very old, but I think the basic information is still valid.  BIOS has
> changed considerably in the past 10 years, and I'd assume is smarter across
> the sea of manufacturers.  This should be taken into account regarding the
> enumeration of drives and the BIOS boot behavior.
>
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Boot+Root+Raid+LILO.html#ss3.1

It looks like my problem is init scripts related, so I'm working in
that direction for now.
Thanks for the link, I'll keep this around to survive the forthcomming
BootLoader Wars :-D

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB