Re: Connecting the droid to a Debian workstation

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:01:13 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> To my utter astonishment, I have not found, on the Internet, an
> explanation on how to connect an Android-based device to a Debian
> workstation (through USB2, evidently). Do you have any pointer on how to
> do this? By `connecting,' I do not necessarily mean `synchronizing' but
> at least being able to check the µSD's card content. I am using an HTC
> Desire.

Look at the manual for your device, chapter "Connecting your phone to
your computer".

It seems you have to connect the device to an USB port and select "hard
drive" mode, or something similar. Then you should be able to use the
unit as a media device.

Briefly, connect the phone and type "dmesg" :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón