Re: Acroread: accelerating the search through a PDF

Merciadri Luca writes:
> But I find it special that it does not go faster. Adobe wants everybody
> to use its client.

No.  They want everybody who creates "content" to buy Acrobat.  Giving
away Acroread is just part of the marketing thereof.

> Then, why don't they make something more valuable?

Incompetence?

> Habitually, if you want something to look interesting to other's eyes,
> you try to make it as much attractive as possible.

And so they market it heavily.  Thus the Web sites that say "To read
this you need Acroread", not "To read this you need a PDF viewer".
--
John Hasler