Re: microphone

deloptes on 27/05/10 01:07, wrote:
Adam Hardy wrote:
I'm trying to pick this stuff up but I find the amixer man page quite
obtuse, and I'm not finding an alsa-oriented website that's any better
either.

so you don't thinks this page is informative enough?
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Sound_System
http://www.opensound.com/wiki/index.php/Tips_And_Tricks#ALSA_Emulation

The first one on the list was one of the sites that I had in mind when I complained about them. It's a problem a lot of newbies in a subject area have, dealing with sites written by techies who are deeply immersed in the subject area. The same goes for the wikipedia sites. I need an Alsa for Dummies website.

Sorry if I gave the impression that I was writing a Java app myself - I just called it 'my java app' because it's the only real java app on the machine and the machine's only purpose is to keep it running. I shouldn't have been messing around with mics and stuff.

I do code java, but I've never tried to do sound.

Regards
Adam