Re: kvm disk read error

On Mon, 24 May 2010 02:06:36 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun,23.May.10, 13:43:53, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
>
> > > Yes, install the virtualbox-ose-dkms package ;)
> > >
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > virtualbox-ose-dkms is already the newest version.
>
> During the (first) install did it mention something about building
> the module? If so you might need to modprobe it first (it should be
> loaded automatically on reboot though). If not, just
>
> dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-ose-dkms
>
> to force the (re)build of the module.

That was the problem !  As soon as I ran the reconfigure it began
building the modules.  Everything else was installed as the build ran
smoothly.

I'm not sure why they didn't get built in the first place.

Now I understand why it's not showing up when I search packages, the
module is no longer installed as part of a package but is built when
the package is installed (or is supposed to be).

Thank you very much for your help.

Now we'll see if I can get XP installed :-)

Brian