Re: Unable to connect to my home wireless

* On 2010 21 May 17:30 -0500, Thomas Pircher wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> >> a) without asking me,
> >> b) without telling me and
> >> c) without being told to do so.
> >
> > From what I understand, all 3 of these are primary goals of the network-
> > manager package.
>
> I'm sure network-manager will live up to its goals, eventually. For the time
> being I have created a new bug with the title "network-manager ignores
> configured interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces". ;-)
> It doesn't yet show up on bugs.debian.org, I guess it takes some time.

As I understand it, both Network Manager and Wicd are intended to
control the network interfaces.  If you want to control the interfaces
manually, remove NM.  If you want to use NM then only the loopback
interface should be defined in /etc/network/interface.

NM works very well for me on my Ubuntu Lucid laptop.  Meanwhile, my
Debian desktop utilizes /etc/network/interface as it doesn't roam
anywhere.

- Nate >>