Re: How do I fsck and XFS file system in "Squeeze"

On 5/20/2010 9:32 PM, Robert Brockway wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010, Mark Allums wrote:

If not, then a live CD will be needed, something like Knoppix, be sure
it has XFS support. Just boot the live CD or DVD, and Bob's your uncle.

I was going to suggest a live cdrom too but remember that Debian has its
own live cdroms. I've been using them in preference to Knoppix for
rescuing Debian systems due to binary compatibility problems. I've got
as lot of AMD64 Debian systems and Knoppix is i386 only.

The current Knoppix is alleged to be 100% binary compatible, beyond some kernel modules which are specific to the running kernel (which is always the case, even with official Debian).

64-bit Knoppix is in the TODO list of Klaus Knopper, but for rescue purposes, 32-bit should be able to do the job.

I agree that Debian itself would be best, that's why I asked about the installer, in rescue mode (found on disc 1 one of a standard Debian CD or DVD).

Does disc 1 of a distribution set fully support XFS?

MAA