Re: Re (6): xorg-server failing on IBM NetVista with Intel 82815 video

On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:55:52 -0400 (EDT), Peter Easthope wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> If you need
>> instructions for how to pull in the Sid kernel without upgrading
>> your whole system ...
>
> As far as I know this line should be appended to /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb     http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ sid main
> and then update and upgrade.

Not unless you want to upgrade your entire system to Sid.  To install
only certain cherry-picked applications from Sid, you have to use
apt pinning.  And don't use synaptic.  (But since you don't have X
running, you can't use synaptic.  Yet.  But once you get it running,
don't use synaptic.  I've heard that it does not respect apt pinning.)

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :