Re: Launch some command and leave the console, the command still being executed

Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> On 05/17/2010 11:45 AM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> You want something more like: `gedit & disown`. The "disown" will
> detach all background jobs currently attached to the terminal session.
> This _might_ be specific to BASH since it is a BASH builtin.
>
> Also, you may want to look into tools like GNU Screen.

Thanks. I had forgotten `screen' which is a nice tool, but, ponctually,
`disown' might be better, because I have defined some commands, e.g. say
`command1' in my .bashrc, and `screen command1' gives that `command1' is
unknown, but it is known in the .bashrc. I also tried with -r but to no
avail.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.