Re: executable won't execute

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2010-05-17 08:54 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> On 2010-05-17 08:46 +0200, Alexey Salmin wrote:
>>
>>> So, it's a bug in lsb-core package?
>>
>> Yes, the LSB mandates that /lib/ld-lsb.so.3 is the dynamic linker:
>>
>> http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_4.0.0/LSB-Core-IA32/LSB-Core-IA32/baselib.html
>
> This makes me wonder how Ubuntu obtained their LSB certification,
> considering that they do not seem have /lib/ld-lsb.so.3 in any package
> either, according to http://packages.ubuntu.com.  The whole LSB seems to
> be a joke.
>
> Sven

It appears that ld-lsb symlinks are created by lsb-core postinst
script. That's why they're not listed in package contents.

Kent, it seems that it's a somehow better solution for you to install
the lsb-core package (or a whole lsb group) rather than create that
symlink manually (it's not that important though).

Alexey