Re: Authentication unsuccessful relaying from Postfix to Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service

On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:59:20 +0100, Clive Standbridge wrote:

> The attachments contain the lines written to /var/log/auth.log and
> /var/log/mail.log when the attempt to mail via NEWSERVER:587 failed,
> also my /etc/postfix/main.cf (without comments).

I see nothing about the failure. All seems to go fine, Postfix
establishes a connection with remote server and silently fails :-/

Put Postfix into a more verbose logging. In "main.cf":

***
debug_peer_level = 2
debug_peer_list = NEWSERVER
***

Reload Postfix and try again.

P.S. 1 - Check the more basic here: saslauth mechanisms being used for
authenticating and of course, a correct password in "/etc/postfix/
sasl_passwd" O:-)

P.S. 2 - Remember that "535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful" is a
message coming from Exchange server -not Postfix- so it would be great if
you could review the logs from the MS server side.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón