Re: Re (2): Re^n: Grub vs. linux-image-2.6.32 conundrum

On Mon, 10 May 2010 17:42:25 -0400 (EDT), Peter Easthope wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> What was the problem?  In the text you quoted, there was no reasonable change
>> that could be made to grub-pc to address the issue;
>
> Covered in several messages beginning here in debian-user.
> *	Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:04:19 -0700
> > your /etc/kernel-img.conf needed fixing.
>
> With Lilo booting, yes.  If grub-pc can be reinstalled,
> /etc/kernel-img.conf needn't change.

Well, Peter, it's your system, and you can do with it whatever you
wish, but to me it looks like you're trying to solve a problem that
doesn't exist.  I tend to have the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
mentality.  What advantage will it give you if you install grub-pc?
Will your system run faster?  Will it boot faster?  Will it reach web
sites that you can't reach if you boot with lilo?  Of course not.
Once the kernel and the initial RAM filesystem are loaded into memory,
and control has been transferred to the kernel, the system boots and
runs exactly the same, regardless of which boot loader loaded it.
I don't understand what problem you are trying to solve.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :