Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Mon, 10 May 2010 17:20:26 +0300
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> > See http://www.lorentz.leidenuniv.nl/~sjoerd/files/schermafdruk.png.
> > Translation of the popup-box: "copy selected files in /home/sjoerd
> > to:"
> >

> Here one would type the names of files that he wishes to copy? Does he
> then perform a normal paste operation in the destination folder?
>
> One _work_around_ if this is a critical feature would be to press F4
> to open a terminal pane in Dolphin, then use the "cp" command as need.
> They let the user type out the name of the files to be copied,
> assuming that is the critical feature here. As a bonus you also have
> tab-completion and "mv"!
>
> If I'm missing the gist of the feature then please tell me what I'm
> missing. It certainly doesn't look like a killer feature from what I
> understand, but of course that is subjective. If it provides something
> important I'll file a bug report.

Its the COPY TO.. Menu option that he's talking about there. Its in the
konqueror's edit menu.
The user can copy and paste files in one go with that option as it
opens a dialog box asking for the destination. Also I believe it keeps
a list of most used locations as part of the option so that you can
just select from the list.