kde4: crash after login

 Hi,

 I am using Debian Sid. After doing the login (by using either KDM or GDM) KDE seems to crash, and the only thing I can see is the mouse pointer over a black screen.

 I have looked for some information in the logs but I have not found anything significant. In the syslog is written down the following line but I am not sure whether this is important:

"Cannot load /usr/share/apps/kdm/faces/.default.face: No such file or directory"

 What can I do to find out what is happening? (this is frustrating)

 Regards,