vmware server and 2.6.33

Hi,

Following the established ritual of having to change the vmware server to be able to run under a new kernel (2.6.33), I installed 2.6.33.3 from kernel.org
and followed the directions from user NeBot here:
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/257472
and that worked.

Furthermore I added to .config for the kernel:

# CONFIG_PATA_CYPRESS is not set
CONFIG_HID_CYPRESS=m
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_CYPRESS_ATACB=m
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_CYPRESS_M8=m
CONFIG_USB_CYPRESS_CY7C63=m

and now I can use smartctl on my ATA USB disk, like I can with the Debian kernel.

Also Nvidia's x86-195.36.24 installed without problems on this kernel.

2.6.33 for Debian is still in experimental.

Hugo