Gnome 2.30 icons (was: Has Iceweasel adopted Chrome's icons?)

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 08:44 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> You're probably seeing the new (version 2.30) GNOME icon theme. I don't
> particulary like the new navigation buttons, but I suppose I'll get used
> to them.

I found the new icons don't have enough contrast to be easily
distinguishable so I changed the icons theme. Unfortunately, some apps
still use the new ones; I'm guessing this may be due to gnome icon
symlinks named gtk-*.

Once Gnome 2.30 is fully in Squeeze, I'm hoping to find some time to
discover what hacks are required to get legible icons again.

--
Tixy