Console freezes when I try to access the NFS mounted directory under Debian and Ubuntu

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p6 #0: Wed Jan  6 00:43:01 UTC 2010
that works as an NFS server, with the following line in /etc/exports:

/mnt/opt/ebroker/ -alldirs -maproot=root -network 10.50.28.0 -mask 255.255.255.0

(There are more lines in /etc/exports, but this is the one that doesn't work.)

And I have 2 other servers, one that runs under
Ubuntu: Linux 2.6.28-11-server #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 02:45:36 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
and the other one under
Debian: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 9 22:29:32 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Both these servers mount the local /srv/data directory to the one exported by the server that uses FreeBSD using NFS
I use the following line in /etc/fstab (where 10.50.28.90 is the IP of the server that runs the NFS server):

10.50.28.90:/mnt/opt/ebroker /srv/data nfs rw,sync 0 0

Right after I reboot any of these 2 servers, the /srv/data directory is mounted correctly and I can access the files and directories under it, but after a certain period of time (that can be minutes, hours or even days), the console freezes if I use the command:

$ cd /srv/data
or
$ ls -l /srv/data

...and I can't even break it with Ctrl+C.
The single workaround (for a while) is to reboot the NFS client machine, which is not an acceptable solution.

I have tried to add the "hard" and "intr" options in the line from /etc/fstab that mounts /srv/data, hoping that at least I will be able to break that frozen directory with Ctrl+C, but nothing changed.

It is strange that this issue happens only with the 2 computers that run under Ubuntu and Debian, but not with other computers that mount other directories from that NFS server that runs FreeBSD (They use Fedora and CentOS).

I have searched on the net for this, but I couldn't find anything helpful.

Please tell me if you have any idea what could be the problem or if you have some suggestions for this issue.

Thank you.

Octavian