Re: To switch usb-modem to modem-mode.

Thank You for Your time and answer, deloptes:

>in worst case compile the code, but it will also probably need to upgrade
>the kernel.

Finally, it was given the decision to me: to exchange using apt-get w/ aptitude: it has given a lot of options so that I was able to install the desired usb_modeswitch w/o updating almost whole my OS (I just did not know that the aptitude is so awesome manager of packages). Therefore, after installing that my problem was solved just automatically - the modem has been switched into modem mode by the package.