Re: md does a monthly resync?? (was Re: Questions about RAID 6)

On 05/03/2010 08:04 PM, Sam Leon wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 05/02/2010 03:24 PM, Alexander Samad wrote:
[snip]

My system used to become close to unusable on the 1st sunday of the
month when
mdadm did it resync,

That sounds... wrong, on a jillion levels.

I would rather the array fail on a monthly resync than have it fail on a
resync after replacing a drive and loose everything.

Arrays shouldn't fall out of sync, so a "monthly resync" *is* wrong on a jillion levels.

Fortunately, as Martin Krafft pointed out, it's really a monthly self-test, and -- to a Large Systems DBA -- that's OK.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?