Re: acroread not seeing printers

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 08:05 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:56:44 -0400
>> "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> dijo:
>>
>> >Hello, all.  We've installed acroread 8.1.7-0.1 from debian-multimedia.
>> >It is not seeing any of the printers on our cups print server.  It just
>> >shows the custom lpr printer.  How do we get it to see our printers
>> >like all the other applications in our KDE setup do? We are running
>> >Lenny + backports.  Thanks - John
>>
>> I had this problem with 64-bit Ubuntu for a long time. Finally, when
>> Adobe was working on the 9.x release I inquired directly to Adobe. The
>> result was that I became a beta tester. And the outcome was that Adobe
>> fixed Reader 9.1 so that I could see my printers.
>>
>> I have not had the problem since. I suggest getting the latest version
>> of Reader. Version 8.1.7 is really old anyway.
>>

> Thanks, all.  We found that 9.3.1 was still broken but 9.3.2 works -
> John

Version 8 has mozilla plugin as deb, but I have also tried with the 9.1
version without success. I googled around and found this link

http://www.debianhelp.org/node/11404

that also did not work, so I'm using in the custom field the setting that I
get from the output of the command "lpstat -a"
i.e.:
$> lpstat -a
Canon_iP3600 accepting requests since  3.05.2010 (пн)  6,31,39 CEST
HP_LASER_JET5L accepting requests since  3.05.2010 (пн) 23,46,04 CEST

Custom: "lpr -PHP_LASER_JET5L"

I don't remember how you get it in the permanent setup field. May be it's
really a bug in the older versions.

regards