Re: Basic install - which DVDs?

On 5/2/2010 8:47 PM, Marco Shaw wrote:
Hi,

I'm just looking to do a basic install of the latest version.  I just
need a basic version (no GUI/X required), with networking and an SSH
client basically...

I've downloaded DVD #1.  Since it took almost 10 hours from my
location of choice, I'm wondering whether the first DVD will be
enough?

Marco

A good start for an install is DVD 1, or CDs 1,2,3.

All you *need* is the Debian installer and basic networking, so the netinst disc (or business card disc) and internet will get you going. Once you boot into a base system, APT will take care of you.

So, yeah.  You have enough to get started.

MAA