Re: Mounting DVD. What am I doing wrong?

> >Your perms are missing the "x" flag for the owner so no access is
> >allowed. I recall a similar situation in another mailing list...
>
> I don't want to *execute* the files, I want to *read* them.

You already got the answer. Directories have to have "x"
flag to let user in. I assume your dvd was written with
original permissions. Try out to have it on hdd and make a
little experiment. Change flags on/off. That way you will
learn what works and what does not.
Best regards

                               Zoran