Re: Realtek ethernet (was Re: recent mobo recommendation)

Ron Johnson put forth on 4/14/2010 11:10 PM:
> On 2010-04-14 22:35, briand@aracnet.com wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>>   r8169 requesting rtl8169-1.fw
>>

> What package is that in?

At this point in time it supposedly should be found in
firmware-linux-nonfree.  However, I can't find it there.  In fact, I can't
find any sign of Realtek firmware anywhere in firmware-linux-* or in a
standalone firmware package with anything resembling "Realtek" in the
package name or contents.

Very strange.  Anyone else able to find any Realtek firmware in any Debian
packages?  At this point it would seem the Realtek firmware(s) have vanished.

I wonder if none of the Realtek chips actually need soft firmware blobs.  I
guess not since Debian has removed all traces of them from the packages.

--
Stan