Re: Retrieve hardware and modules info..

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:15:33 -0400 (EDT), Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,05.Apr.10, 07:36:03, Lubos Rendek wrote:
>> thanks guys for this.. Now what is the best way to link modules to a
>> specific hardware. for example my lsmod shows that I use 'ecb' module.
>> For someone like me this name does not say much. Is there a way to
>> find which module belongs to which piece of hardware?
>
> $ /sbin/modinfo ecb
> filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-4-amd64/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
> license:        GPL
> depends:
> vermagic:       2.6.32-4-amd64 SMP mod_unload modversions
>
> (I use the full path because modinfo is in /sbin, which is usually not
> in the user's $PATH).
>
> But if you are curious only about the hardware related modules lspci
> will tell what modules are used by the respective hardware. You will
> need to run it as root with the -vvv parameters.

Andrei, I already told the OP about modinfo in an earlier post; but
I forgot that "lspci -v" would display driver information.  lspcmcia
does too.  I assume that lspnp does also, but I don't have access to
a machine that has the pnputils package installed to test that right now.
Thanks for the reminder.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :