Re: Correct way to (re)compile a kernel on Debian Sid

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:40:46 -0400 (EDT)
Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

> It sounds to me like you want to get pristine kernel sources directly
> from kernel.org and compile them and run them on a Debian system.
> I've never done that, but others tell me that they do it.  Of course,
> this is not supported by Debian.  But why don't you just install the

I'm not sure that it's correct to say that using kernel-package to
build and install vanilla kernel sources is "not supported by Debian".
My understanding is that the package is supposed to work on any kernel
tree, not just Debian's packaged ones.  Perhaps Manoj will comment?

Celejar