Re: recompiling the kernel with a different version name

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 05:56:58 -0400 (EDT), Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> --revision actually took effect since the
> generated .deb is now (note the 'lore01')
>
> linux-image-2.6.32.10+drm33.1-recompiled_lore01_i386.deb
>
> but what I need to do is to get rid of '+drm33.1' which seems to be
> automatically added...
>
> the kernel sources are from the ubuntu lucid package 'linux-source-2.6.32'.

I never have this trouble when using official *Debian* source packages.
If you're running Ubuntu, I suggest you seek help from the Ubuntu forums.
My web page, and my advice, are based on the assumption that you are
running *Debian*.

BTW, does anyone know why Ubuntu users seem to want to use the Debian
forums?  Don't they have forums of their own?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :