Re: Spam

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 07:24:58AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Freeman writes:
> > Has there been an increase of spam on the list over the past few
> > weeks?
>
> I have observed a general increase in spam.
>
> > I started filtering the list, which I don't like doing.
>
> I've been filtering the lists for years.  The listmasters do a good job,
> but their filters can't know my ham as mine can.
>
> > But no avail.  I assume it passes my filters for the same reason it
> > gets by list filters.
>
> The latter is mostly a matter of sheer bulk: almost every message that
> hits the Debian servers is spam.  What filters are you using?
> --

Good to know the Debian people are talented at that. Hate to think about the
sea of spam though.

I am remembering that my provider uses Spamassassin, but the settings are
light and it has never filtered Debian list addresses that I've seen.

I use Spambouncer on procmail. List spam is getting a spam-score of 0.
pattern matching is on.  So I might add some more aggressive block-list
services to get that score up.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman