Re: nvidia legacy driver//kernel 2.6.32 issues

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:03:37 -0400 (EDT), Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-04-07 04:38, Francesco Pietra wrote:
>> Solved through LinuxQuestions forum. Forget about this thread.
>
> It would have been helpful to post the relevant link...

I doubt that the following link is the one which the OP of this thread
found, but here is a link to the post that I was looking for
originally, and couldn't find.  It was mentioned in passing in a
thread which was primarily about getting the free nv driver to work
with a new motherboard-embedded Nvidia graphics chipset.  The OP
for that thread had his problem solved by an upload from unstable
to testing of a newer version of the nv driver, which recognized
the chipset in his board.  But during the course of the thread,
Sven Joachim chimed in with the instructions for how to build the
missing nvidia kernel module needed by the proprietary nvidia driver.

Here is the link:

I regret that I couldn't find it in time to solve the problem of
the OP of this thread, but I'm only human.  Besides, it didn't hurt
him any to find the solution himself.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :