shouldn't apt-get upgrade, you know, upgrade ?

Hi all,

I was having some problems with ooffice so I did "apt-get update" and
then ran "apt-get upgrade" to see if ooffice was among the packages to
be upgraded.  It wasn't, but I tried "apt-get install ooffice"
anyway, and presto it started upgrading ooffice.

So I looked at the man-page:

 upgrade
is used to install the newest versions of all packages currently
installed on the system

I did, in fact, have ooffice installed so I'm not clean on why upgrade
alone did seem to want to upgrade the package.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Brian