Re: Retrieve hardware and modules info..

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:36:03 -0400 (EDT), Lubos Rendek wrote:

> thanks guys for this.. Now what is the best way to link modules to a
> specific hardware. for example my lsmod shows that I use 'ecb' module.
> For someone like me this name does not say much. Is there a way to
> find which module belongs to which piece of hardware?

   /sbin/modinfo ecb

The "description" line is helpful of course.  And the "alias" lines
identify which pieces of hardware will cause the module to be loaded,
for most device drivers.  (Some older device drivers don't have any
internal aliases and require help from external aliases to load
automatically when the corresponding hardware device is detected.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :