Re: 'looking up xxxx' forever

Mihira Fernando wrote:
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:42:49 -0500
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

But if it dropped me I would see a SIGHUP in syslog and I don't. I
can still ping the IP that was assigned to me.

Hugo

You can always ping the IP assigned to you from your OWN PC. At the
times you cannot resolve any domains, can you ping external IPs ? such
as 8.8.8.8 (google DNS).

I can now host 8.8.8.8 and get google-public-dns-a.google.com
I can dig google-public-dns-a.google.com and get google-public-dns-a.google.com. 86283 IN A 8.8.8.8

But when I ping 8.8.8.8 I get no response even though I can resolve domains.

firewall is off.

Hugo