Re: After recent upgrade, starting gdm shows "black" screen

Daniel Trebbien wrote:
I recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite L45-S7409, running Debian testing (Squeeze). This morning when I started my laptop, the computer booted and I was able to use my GNOME desktop as usual. This afternoon, however, when I started my laptop, the screen went "black" a short moment after I saw: "Starting GNOME Display Manager: gdm". More specifically, the laptop screen's backlight is on and all I see is a single, white underscore at the top left of the screen (almost as if `gdm` failed to "take over" the display). The hard drive activity LED is flashing even with the "black" screen (all black except for the single underscore character), but the graphical login screen does not appear and typing on the keyboard has no effect on the display.

What version of gdm is this?

Hugo