Re: 'looking up xxxx' forever

Freeman wrote:
On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 01:09:11PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Dodgy copper between me and the ISP? In Mexico? You mean dangling
copper? Like that thing hanging down from the pole in front of the
house and that banged-up box on the corner that everybody puts their
left-over soda's on?

If there is a history of dialing up and reconnecting without issue, other
than dial-tones, I'd say start with the ISP. Other failures would seem more
likely to effect retries.

But we run Linux. The ISP will say it's my problem for running Linux.

Hugo