Re: Controlling displays on a multi head system

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:10:24 -0400, Frank H. Baker wrote:

> I have a question about controlling displays in a multi head system. I
> have three monitors connected to my computer, and I want the console to
> display on one of these and the other two to be unadorned. I am running
> the current Debian distribution, which on boot displays a desktop on all
> three screens.
>
> Q: How can I prevent adornment appearing on the 2nd and 3rd monitors?

I'm not sure if I understood your goals correctly.

Do you want...

a) the "booting" splash screen outputs in just one of your displays

or you meant

b) once the system boots and your desktop environment loads you want to
control what screens holds the main data?

As for "unadorned" you meant "no icons, just background image/solid
desktop"? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón