Re: No updates seen in a while

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:45:26AM -0400, Stephen Powell uttered:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 03:50:22 -0400 (EDT), Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 31 Mar 2010, S.D.A. wrote:
> >> Speaking of this issue (FTP master being down); I did an 'aptitude
> >> update' for my SID laptop this morning. Says over 900 packages need to
> >> be updated! Now I know it's been a few days since we received updates,
> >> and I update every day prior to the downtime; Surely that can't be
> >> right, can it?
> >

> > No updates available here, either on ftp.de.debian.org or
> > ftp.uk.debian.org.
>
> S.D.A:
>
> I am assuming that you canceled out of it and did not do the updates.
> If that is the case, try issuing the following commands:

Of course! 8)

>    aptitude keep-all
>    aptitude update
>    aptitude full-upgrade
>
> and see what you get.

Thanks, I know my way around Aptitude. I was just querying about the
number of updates on a system that's updated daily. It seems that I
got in on a very brief window; maybe when some hardware was brought up
temporaily (who knows) and it's a false reading. Thought maybe that
testing had gone to stable, yadda, yadda.