Re: Why can't I reinstall locales? [SOLVED]

For future reference, the solution to this problem is to manually download
the .deb file from the Debian website, then force the install like this:

dpkg -i --force-depends locales_2.7-18lenny2_all.deb

This works without issue because the package dependency 'glibc-2.7-1' is a
dummy package, and the real package that locales really requires is
already installed, but the installer doesn't know this.

This issue may also exist because of a system that was upgraded (this
system used to run Etch) or one that is in limbo between Testing and
Stable (which may be the case here, but I can't recall).