RE: how to open a port?

Try running 'netstat -nat | grep 4965' and paste the output.
Also, try running iptables -L and post the output.
Try telnetting from the local machine that runs iptrans. Maybe something is blocking the outbound traffic on that machine or somehow it's not getting through.

As there is another similar machine from third party that I have remote access to it , I compared them with :
#locate iptrans
And I found some missing packages on mine that I need to add .
Thank you for your help