Re: Fresh Debian Install w/o Exim?

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 02:59:23PM -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
> I am trying to install Debian (Testing) via 'netinst' disk and for
> some reason am completely unable to install Debian w/o Exim. It
> appears that Cron is a default package and depends on Exim. Does
> anyone know how I can completely omit this from a fresh Debian
> install? When I run:

It's been a while since I've used the installer (I preseed my installations at
the office), but isn't there a point in expert mode where you can select
individual packages?  Could you select 'postfix' and unselect 'exim4' at that
point?  Or is that after the base system install?

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students