Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer)

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:01:44PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:41:26AM -0800, Freeman wrote:
>
> > In which case, I pin the rolled back version to 1001. The preferences file
> > can live on in moderation for the sake of learning.
>
> Or, just use "sudo dpkg -i old-package.deb" (maybe in chroot).
>
> Please read "Chapter 2. Debian package management"
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_rescue_with_the_dpkg_command
>
> Osamu

OMG!

Osamu as in "Debian Reference Copyright 2007-2009 Osamu Aoki"?

That was an undertaking.

There is a great deal of clarity in the way the reference is written.
Although it provides extensive technical information, it is very accessible
to the beginner becasue of the selection of background information and the
carefull way it moves from general to specific.

Thank you so much for that marvelous piece of work.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman